OET Intensive Course
OET Intensive Course Details
OET Intensive Course description:
OET Preparation Course is an intensive course which aims to prepare OET candidates (health professionals) with the fundamental knowledge and test-taking techniques to ace the test. The training covers all 4 skills; Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking as per the OET Test format.
All overseas trained health professionals including Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Physiotherapists and Pharmacists can enrol in this course.
OET Intensive Course English proficiency level:
Candidates will be accepted in the course if their level check is Intermediate or above.
- An advanced level of English for use in communication with patients and colleagues.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills that accurately interpret data from Medical Research Papers as seen in part C of the OET Reading Test.
- Proficiency with professional vocabulary.
- Intensive training for correct interpretation of Spoken Language through Listening practice.
- Note-taking skills as well as the ability to listen for a specific purpose.
- Insight into Australia and other countries’ cultures and lifestyles, so as to enhance their acceptance and understanding of patients’ perception.
- Effective management of verbal and written communication with patients and other stakeholders in a clinical set-up.
- Ability to write letters to other health professionals in order to convey important information about their patients’ medical history, progress, Discharge Summary or to request a further assessment.
OET Intensive Course Features
- Course Fee: 28,500 INR
- Duration: 75 Hours
- Live Session / Recorded Videos
- OET Certified Teachers – Dedicated to guiding you to a successful result
- 12 Personal Writing Corrections (4 Weekly Test, 6 Advance Practice & 2 Full Mock Test)
- 12 Speaking One on One Role Plays (4 Weekly Test, 6 Advance Practice & 2 Full Mock Test)
- Reading 20+ Complete Tests with detailed answers
- Listening 20+ Complete Tests with detailed answers
Our classes are run 2 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday.
The course schedule will be published shortly.
Maximum class size:
Please note that we have a maximum of 20 participants per class.
Candidates study through a combination of Live Online Classes and Online Activities.
Live online classes:
Interact with the teacher and other participants via an interactive video conference. Develop an understanding of the test format and assessment criteria for the OET Speaking and Writing modules. Participants will receive expert guidance from native English speaking teachers.
Complete activities, animated tutorials and skill summaries based on OET Listening and Reading modules. Improve test awareness, become familiar with the test format, develop strategies for the test and receive instant feedback on
your progress. Study online or offline in your own time; lessons are available for download on PC’s, laptops and mobile devices. Participants will also receive individual feedback from the teacher for two writing tasks.
o Listening Strategies Part A, Part B and Part C.
o The Listening Practice module gradually progresses candidates from an easy to hard difficulty level, taking into account delivery, accent and vocabulary.
o Reading Strategies Part A, Part B and Part C.
o The Reading Practice books have been prescribed to challenge the candidate based on their fluency level.
o The writing course emphasis selecting relevant points from a patient’s case history and eliminate information deemed unnecessary.
o Letter formatting and the use of appropriate phrases.
The speaking practise aims at developing the following skills:
o Taking notes on patient history.
o Listening to and presenting patient complaints.
o Assessment and investigations.
o Breaking bad news.
o Discussing treatment options.
o Handling difficult patients.
o Dealing with complaints.
o Health education.
o Explaining the consequences.
o Rigorous practice on the use of active and passive voice in sentences.
o Synthesis of Simple, Compound and Complex Sentences by using a noun, appositives, infinitive, gerund, coordinating conjunctions and transitional words and phrases.
o Model auxiliaries.
o Formal and Informal expressions.
English Chat Box prepares 20 candidates for the OET exam per cohort. Our coaching sessions are usually for 42, 60 and 75 hours during which we provide intensive English training to enhance candidate’s language skills; Listening,
Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 75 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 16
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes